- Report: Coastal flooding could threaten 1.4 million homes by midcentury
- Caught on camera | Tornado touches down in Missouri
- Carolina Hurricanes playoff tickets go on sale next week
- Storms kill 6 in the South and Midwest as forecasters warn of catastrophic rains, floods this week
- Weather Impact Alert: Cold front could trigger severe weather in Houston area this weekend | See timeline
Hurricanes to match Montreal's offer sheet for Sebastian Aho

General manager Don Waddell announced the move Tuesday, less than 24 hours after the Canadiens extended their offer to the 21-year-old restricted free agent.
Aho will receive a five-year, front-loaded, bonus-heavy contract worth $42.27 million. It carries an average annual value of $8.454 million.
Waddell – who last week said the Hurricanes would match any offers extended to Aho – called it “an easy decision.”
“Sebastian is one of the best players in the league and the centerpiece of what we’re building here,” Waddell said. “We’ve spoken to him throughout this process and he’s made it clear that he wants to be in Raleigh and be a part of this organization.”
Aho had career highs with 30 goals, 53 assists and 83 points last season while helping Carolina reach the Eastern Conference final.
“The Carolina Hurricanes should not be underestimated,” Waddell said. “We have a plan and all the resources to win a Stanley Cup.”
Copyright © 2019 ABC11-WTVD-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved – The Associated Press contributed to this report.