- 'A little emotional': Hurricanes equipment manager got seconds in goal, memory to last a lifetime
- WMO retires three hurricane names after devastating 2024 season
- Beryl removed from future hurricane naming lists
- Hurricane names Helene, Milton and Beryl are now retired
- Hurricane Helene's name retired after deadly 2024 impact on US
NC governor says Florence 'wreaking havoc'

NORTH CAROLINA (AP) – North Carolina officials say parts of the state could experience a once-in-a-millennia flood as Hurricane Florence dumps rain for days to come.
Gov. Roy Cooper said Friday that Florence is “wreaking havoc” and he’s concerned “whole communities” could be wiped away.
He said parts of the state have seen storm surges as high as 10 feet.
RELATED: Trees, debris fill Wilmington’s streets in Florence’s wake
Transportation Secretary Jim Trogdon said the state is expecting 1,000-year “flood events” in areas between Wilmington and Charlotte.
Cooper said the state hasn’t seen any Florence-related fatalities so far, but he’s concerned about people’s safety as the storm continues.
[PHOTO GALLERY] Hurricane Florence strikes the Carolinas
For more on Hurricane Florence, visit the FOX 46 Resource Center.